Institute of Museum and Library Services
Grants ranging up to $1 million to support projects for developing library leaders and library faculty. Provides funding for projects that encourage and promote careers in librarianship and recruits and educates librarians. Support may also be awarded for early career research and for institutional capacity building in graduate schools of library and information science.
Categories of funding include Doctoral Programs; Master’s Programs; Research (including both research on and about the library profession and workforce, and Early Career Development); Preprofessional Programs, Programs to Build Institutional Capacity; Continuing Education; and Planning Grants.
GrantWatch ID#: 123918
$50,000 - $1,000,000
Up to three years, except for doctoral program projects, which may be up to four years
An applicant must be located in the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the Virgin Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, or Palau.
In addition an applicant must be one of the six types of organizations listed below:
1. A library or a school district, a municipality, a state agency, or an academic institution, that is responsible for the administration of a library. Libraries include public libraries, elementary and secondary school libraries, college and university libraries, research libraries and archives.
2. A graduate school of library and information science.
3. A digital library that provides library services, including selection, organization, description, reference, and preservation and makes library materials publicly available.
4. A library that is an agency of a state or other unit of government.
5. A library consortium that is an international, statewide, regional, or local cooperative association of libraries that coordinates resources of eligible libraries and works to improve the services delivered to the clientele of these libraries.
6. An association that serves libraries or library professionals on a national, regional, state, or local level, and engages in activities advancing the library profession.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mary Alice Ball, Senior Program Officer
Kevin Cherry, Senior Program Officer
Karmen Bisher, Program Specialist
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.