Foundation / Corporation
Brookdale Foundation Group - Relatives As Parents Program (RAPP)
06/13/18 3:00 PM ET Receipt
Grants of $15,000 to eligible USA state agencies to develop new services for supporting caregivers who have taken on the role of surrogate parents to young relatives. Funding is intended to be used over a two-year period to develop the various activities.
The following states are eligible to apply for this initiative:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, and Wyoming.
This initiative is available to agencies that can generate new relative caregiver activities for grandparents or other relatives who have taken on the responsibility of surrogate parenting, when the biological parents are unable to do so.
Each State Agency is required to develop the following activities over a two-year period:
- 5 new relative Support, Education or Social Groups and other supportive services for relative caregiving families under the sponsorship of local agencies. At least 2 new groups must be established in the first year.
- A Statewide Network to serve as a focal point for information on relative caregiving programs and policies.
- Stimulate the increased development of services to relative caregivers and their families across the state and link current local programs and interested agencies into a statewide network.
- Create an Inter-System Committee or Task Force of public State agencies and statewide organizations related to the program and policy issues of relatives as surrogate parents. This should include officials from a variety of areas such as aging, child welfare, education, mental health, family and children's services, health and human services and state/university extension programs.
GrantWatch ID#: 124160
The Initiative provides $15,000 in funding ($10,000 and $5,000 respectively).
Each State Agency is required to develop the activities listed above over a two-year period.
This initiative is available to Public State Agencies.
Current RAPP State grant recipients are eligible to apply for renewed funding if they have demonstrated tangible results and will facilitate the provision of new services/initiatives for relative caregivers and their families in different areas of the state.
Seed grant funds cannot be used:
- For building funds, renovations or capital improvements;
- To support existing services; or
- For indirect costs or overhead
The deadline for the submission of State proposals is Wednesday, June 13, 2018. Selected applicants will be required to attend, as a guest of the Foundation, The Brookdale National RAPP Orientation and Training Conference to be held October 25-27, 2018 in Teaneck, NJ.
Each State has to match the seed grant 100% in cash or in-kind.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Hard copies of the grant proposal are to be mailed to:
The Brookdale Foundation Group
300 Frank W. Burr Blvd., Suite 13
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Or, emailed as attachments to:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; California; Colorado; Florida; Indiana; Iowa; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Utah; Vermont; Washington; Wyoming