USDA, Office of Advocacy and Outreach
02/15/11 5:00 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
Grants totaling $19 million for organizations to provide farmers and ranchers with the education and assistance to avail themselves of programs and opportunities to own and operate farms and ranches and improve their quality of life. The purpose of this funding is to assist in outreach efforts and technical assistance for disadvantaged farmers and ranchers and to encourage them to participate in agricultural programs.
Funding is provided for activities to assist socially disadvantaged farmers, ranchers and forest landowners (SDFRFL) in 2 or more of the priority areas:
1. To assist in owning and operating farms, ranches and forest land areas;
2. To assist in participating in the full range of USDA programs,
3. To assist SDFRFL in a linguistically appropriate manner;
4. To provide outreach and education on the USDA class action and claims processes; and
5. To provide other innovative agricultural related outreach and technical assistance and education to SDFRFL.
GrantWatch ID#: 124400
Up to $1,200,000
Up to 3 years
- Any community-based organization, network, or coalition of community-based organizations that can demonstrate experience in providing agricultural education or other agriculturally related services, including technical assistance, to socially disadvantaged farmers, ranchers, and forest landowners during the three-year period preceding the submission of the application.
- An Indian tribe or a national tribal organization that has demonstrated experience in providing agriculture education or other agriculturally related services to socially disadvantaged farmers, ranchers, and forest landowners in a region.
Electronic submission of application through Grants.gov is requested.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Program Contact for the OASDFR as listed:
Phone: 202-720-6350, Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
U. S. Department of Agriculture
Office of Advocacy and Outreach
ATTN: Lavinia Panizo
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.
FY 2011 Request for Proposal 15
Rm. 520-A, Whitten Building, stop 9821
Washington, D.C. 20250-9821
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming