State of New Jersey Department of Children and Families
02/08/11 12:00 PM
Grant totaling $200,000 to establish a center that provides access to information, support and resources essential to well functioning families. The purpose of this grant is to strengthen individual and family functioning and to assist families in providing optimal environments for their children's development. The goals are to enrich the lives of children by strengthening families and neighborhoods; to develop networks of family strengthening services that can result in preventing child abuse and neglect, and promoting optimal child, youth, family and community development; to provide local services that are family focused and culturally competent; to strengthen connections within families, between families and to the community; and to redefine public spaces within the community as family friendly, safe and non-stigmatizing.
Funding is provided for a center that will provide, initiate and coordinate an array of services, including the following 10 core services:
1. Access to information on child, maternal and family health services;
2. Development of “Family Success” plans, which address strengths and challenges and goals to address challenges which threaten to undermine family stability;
3. Economic self-sufficiency/employment related services/income security services;
4. Information & Referral Services (connection to off-site public and private resources);
5. Life Skills training;
6. Housing-related services;
7. Parent education;
8. Parent-child activities;
9. Advocacy (Individual, family, and community advocacy. Lobbying and any political activity is prohibited); and
10. Home visiting (as a possible means of family engagement not a specific early childhood home visitation model).
GrantWatch ID#: 124441
1 year (with annual renewals for two additional years)
An agency in the application process of becoming a 501(c) 3 and applying through a fiscal agent may also apply.
Mandatory Bidders Conference:
Date: Friday, January 21, 2011
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Cumberland/Gloucester/Salem Area Office
309 Fries Mill Road, Suite 11
Echo Plaza Shopping Center
Sewell, NJ 08080
Questions may be sent in advance to DCFASKRFP@dcf.state.nj.us
Answers to Questions will be provided at the bidder’s conference and any clarifications necessary will be posted to DCF website at www.nj.gov/dcf by January 21, 2011.
The matching share is 10% of the total amount of the award with a gradual increase of 15% match in year two and 20% match in year three. Cash and/or in-kinds funds may be used.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
State of New Jersey
Department of Children and Families
222 South Warren Street
P.O. Box 729
Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0729
USA: New Jersey