Department of Labor and Workforce Development
05/13/11 4 PM
Grants totaling $570,000 will be awarded to increase women and minority participation, including veterans and ex-offenders, in selected construction trades. Partnerships are anticipated among various entities in order to provide training and employment opportunities (under guidance of a lead organization) for individuals, over 20 years of age, in these sectors.
Goals of the program are:
* Increase opportunities for women and minorities to acquire skills and construction employment and to benefit economically from construction projects within the State of New Jersey.
* Assist contractors and trade unions in recruiting and training women and minorities to meet their workforce needs.
The following objectives will help to achieve program goals:
* Provide occupation-specific construction trades training for women and minorities;
* Assist trainees with job placement services with placement into union or non-union sponsored registered apprenticeship programs or quality construction jobs which is defined as a construction job with a pay rate of at least 51% above the state minimum wage;
* Educational gain of at least one grade level for all program graduates.
GrantWatch ID#: 124839
Public training providers or trade schools
Public Vocational Schools
Trade organizations which represent a particular trade, group of trades, contractors or employers
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 9:30am; RSVP prior to Friday, April 15, 2011 to Jim Manning at (609) 633-6438. Registrants requiring special accommodations should identify their needs at the time of registration.
Technical assistance session will include general guidance on completing the budget forms.
It is important that both the lead agency Program Director and Fiscal Officer attend.
Applicants are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to attend.
The workshop will be held at:
New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
1 John Fitch Plaza - 13th Floor Auditorium
Trenton, New Jersey 08625
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: New Jersey