Foundation / Corporation
Yakima Valley Community Foundation
07/29/11 5:00 PM
Grants will be awarded to non-profit organizations for a variety of programs and projects which fulfill unmet quality of life needs within the county. This grant program, which is administered under advisement of the county's youthful residents, will provide funding for programming support and for specific equipment needs. Grants will be awarded for proposals within the following areas of interest: arts and culture, basic needs, education, environment and animals, health and wellness, and neighborhoods and communities. Previous awards filled diverse needs from teen empowerment programs to community parks and gardens.
Preference will be given to programs that promote:
* Innovation: a comprehensive understanding of underlying causes and a commitment to effective prevention.
* Collaboration: combining their actions with others for better outcomes.
* Diversity: values and relies on diversity to create effective approaches to building vibrant, sustainable communities.
* Community Capacity: makes opportunities available for individuals to improve their physical, mental and social well- being.
Eligible organizations will demonstrate:
* Proven success - organization delivers real outcomes and leverages research
* Strong leadership - organization’s staff articulates a clear vision and plans for how they will achieve their mission and has a strong track record for achieving their goals.
* Use of best practices - organization uses methodology that makes sense and takes into account best practices in the field.
* Perspective - organization places achieving its mission above preserving itself as an institution.
* Accessibility and cultural competency - organization meets people where they are in their languages, customs and physical locations.
* Sustainability - organization demonstrates its ability to attract the resources necessary to maintain its work.
* Scalability - the success of this organization can be replicated to work on a larger scale.
* Collaboration - the organization, as appropriate, brings together multiple organizations to advance mutual goals, share knowledge, and reduce duplication of effort.
GrantWatch ID#: 125287
$1,000 - $20,000
Native American Tribes
Organizations without tax-exempt status may use tax-exempt fiscal sponsors
The agency must have operated as a tax-exempt organization for at least one year
Previous grants: http://www.yvcf.com/Grants/2010GrantsAwarded.aspx
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.