Department of Education (ED)
06/28/11 2:30 PM
Grants for programming to facilitate improved education outcomes in Florida. The overall goal of the funding agency is to ensure high quality education for all residents of the state. The purpose of the available funding is to develop and implement programs that will train, support and provide technical assistance to local education agencies (LEA). These agencies are responsible to improve education and life outcomes for Floridians and are in need over large scale programs that make systematic changes with proven long term benefits.
The components of the program:
• Understanding the school turnaround context
• Developing and communicating a vision that includes the need for urgent change
• Establishing a culture of high expectations
• Building effective coalitions and implementing shared decision-making.
• Using data to drive decisions and to monitor/measure the need for mid-course corrections
• Identifying innovative opportunities and developing strategic plans
• Teaching state/district/school administrators to think like leaders, not simply managers
The provider will adapt and deliver leadership modules and coaching targeted at improving the capacities of the superintendent, school board, principals, and LEA senior staff in LEAs with the state’s persistently lowest-achieving schools. The provider must have a track record of success in providing professional development that improves turnaround leadership skills. Districts to be included in the proposal are Bradford, Columbia, Franklin, Gadsden, Washington, Levy, Hardee, Hendry, Jefferson, and Madison.
GrantWatch ID#: 125296
up to 3 years
Eligible districts include Bradford, Columbia, Franklin, Gadsden, Levy, Hardee, Hendry, Jefferson, Washington and Madison.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
ReGina Johnson, CPPB
Phone: (850) 245-9173
FAX: (850) 245-0719
325 WEST GAINES STREET
332 TURLINGTON BLDG
TALLAHASSEE FL, 32399–0400