Florida Department of Children and Families
09/21/11 3:30 PM
Grants for up to $100,000 to address and prevent homelessness in Florida. The overall goal of the funding agency is to improve the welfare of children and families throughout the state. Through this RFP, programs such as short term financial assistance, tenant-landlord mediation and legal services will be funded. The purposes of this funding opportunity are to:
1. Increase the number and the quality of emergency shelters and transitional housing facilities to serve the homeless.
2. Help cover the costs of operating emergency shelter facilities.
3. Provide essential supportive services to homeless individuals.
4. Help prevent homelessness.
To be eligible for assistance under the Emergency Shelter Grant, the individual or family household must meet all of the following criteria:
1. The financial assistance is necessary to prevent eviction or termination of utility services;
2. The inability of the household to pay the rent, mortgage or utility payment is due to a sudden loss of income;
3. There is a reasonable prospect that the household will be able to resume payment within a reasonable period of time; and
4. The grant assistance will not supplant funding for pre-existing homeless prevention assistance from other sources.
GrantWatch ID#: 126011
Up to $100,000
Up to 2 years
The Emergency Shelter Grant requires matching funds.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Phone: (850) 717-4068
FAX: (850) 487-1361
1317 Winewood Blvd
Bldg 3, Room 201
Tallahassee FL, 32399–0700