Harford County Department of Community Services’ Community Development Division.
12/02/11 5:00 PM
Grants are available to non-profit organizations that work within Maryland communities. Grants are intended to provide operating funds to organizations that serve the needs of the disadvantaged. The organizations should focus on providing public service programs that are aimed at the homeless and at-risk populations, low-income households, disabled individuals and youth. The purpose of the grant program is to enhance the ability of organizations to provide human services and address the resource needs of organizations that are striving to meet the emergency and daily needs of citizens and impacted neighborhoods.
GrantWatch ID#: 126327
Qualifying Applicants must:
* Primarily serve the low to moderate income populations and be able to provide documentation on who is served.
* Serve the low-income, disadvantaged youth, the disabled and/or the homeless.
* Be soundly managed and financially accountable and provide proof thereof.
* Hold their activities in spaces accessible to the disabled. Also, activities must be altered to meet the needs of the visually and hearing impaired upon notification of need.
Applicants are prohibited from using funding to promote or further non-secular purposes.
Seminars on the Grant-in-Aid funding process for applicants will be held on the following two (2) dates:
- Wednesday, October 19, 2011 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Historic Bel Air Colored High School, 205 Hays Street, Bel Air, Maryland, 21014.
- Thursday, October 20, 2011 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Historic Bel Air Colored High School, 205 Hays Street, Bel Air, Maryland, 21014.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
410-879-2000 ext. 3389