West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources Bureau for Behavioral Health and Health Facilities
11/30/11 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $115,000 are available for West Virginia agencies to implement mental health programs to benefit school children and their families. The aim of this funding opportunity is to enable students to achieve academic success by acknowledging the importance of and addressing their social and emotional well-being needs. Under this opportunity three levels of programming -- core, enhanced, and advanced -- will be funded to address the children's needs. Eligible programs are collaborative in nature. They link schools and community organizations with families; provide services that are family driven and youth guided; offer a community-based continuum of services and supports; and provide services that are culturally sensitive and linguistically competent.
Values and principles of programs and services:
* Mental health is essential to social emotional well-being and school success
* Mental health is a shared responsibility between schools and community
* Need for Reducing barriers to learning
* Access to services and programs available to all students
* All partners are involved in the development, oversight and evaluation
* Evidence-based and strength-based practices are implemented
* School connectedness is developed and reinforced
* Programs and services are sensitive to developmental, cultural, and personal differences
* Interdisciplinary collaboration and coordination are essential
Applicants cannot expend the grant for the following:
* To provide inpatient services
* To make cash payments to intended recipients of health services
* To purchase or improve land; to purchase furniture; to purchase, construct, or permanently improve (other than minor remodeling) any building or other facility; or purchase major medical equipment
* To satisfy any requirement for the expenditure of non-Federal funds as a condition of the receipt of Federal funds
* To provide financial assistance to any entity other than a public or non-profit entity
GrantWatch ID#: 126570
Core: up to $30,000; Enhanced: up to $60,000; Advanced: up to $115,000
January 1, 2012 through June 30, 2012.
Applicant must possess a valid West Virginia business license
Technical Assistance Conference Call:
Call in information will follow.
Please submit questions and clarification needs in a written electronic format 24 hours prior to the call to allow for more efficient response. Additional questions will be addressed electronically at the discretion of BBHHF. Questions and responses will be posted and available for all applicants to review.
If the applicant is not already registered as a vendor in the State of West Virginia, this should be completed by the award notification date. It is also required that the applicant be registered as a center contractor (CCR) and have a DUNS number.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: West Virginia