Foundation / Corporation
Susan G. Komen for the Cure®
Grants are available for programs that reduce the mortality rate of people with breast cancer in South Dakota. The Foundation seeks to provide funding for research in order to find a cure for breast cancer as well as provide optimum care for those people suffering with the disease. Funding is also provided to educate poverty stricken women about the need for testing and screening for the disease.
The Komen South Dakota Affiliate is currently offering grants for innovative programs that reduce breast cancer mortality, especially among those who are disproportionately affected by this disease. Listed below are priority funding areas:
1. Programs that shorten the physical distance between women in remote/rural areas and the screening and treatment they need
2. Programs that bring breast health education and care to poor and uninsured women in the state
3. Partner with tribal entities to support and craft educational materials and culturally sensitive programs underscoring the importance of breast health, and to bring breast cancer screening and treatment to American Indian women on South Dakota’s reservations
4. Programs that assist elderly women and women ages 40-59 who may be delaying screening for various reasons, including support services that cover the breadth of the breast cancer cycle, from screening through survivorship, and support the creation of new survivorship programs where necessary
5. Partner with existing health care providers to expand and enhance survivorship
Funds may be used for the following types of program expenses:
• Clinical services or patient care costs, such as mammogram or clinical breast exam
• Other direct program expenses, such as educational materials
• Meeting Costs
• Consultant fees
• Equipment, not to exceed 30% of direct costs
• Indirect costs, not to exceed 15% of direct costs
• Salaries and fringe benefits for program staff
*Funding is limited. If food/refreshment is essential to the success of the program, consider alternative funding source.
GrantWatch ID#: 126616
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Glenda Van Roekel
Grants Committee Chair
USA: South Dakota