Foundation / Corporation
Food Animal Concerns Trust
Grants of up to $1,500 are available nationwide for farmers who wish to upgrade the quality of care given to their farm animals. Farm animals include both poultry and livestock. The goal of the funding is to alleviate the financial burden on farmers who wish to take better care of their animals. Grants are specifically available for the following purposes:
(1) Help farms transition to pasture-based systems, or
(2) Improve the marketing of their humane products, or
(3) More generally enrich the conditions in which the farm animals are raised.
Criteria for eligibility is as follows:
1. Projects must be designed to change on-farm management practices related to animal welfare and/or improve marketing of humane products. (No slaughter related proposals accepted.)
2. Only farms located in the continental United States will be considered.
3. Farms must raise at least one of the following animal species: pigs, broiler chickens, laying hens, dairy cows, beef cattle. Proposed on-farm animal welfare improvement projects must impact at least one of these species.
4. Grants will be made only to farmers for a project on a working, independent family farm. This is a farm on which a family or individual owns the animals, is engaged in the day-to-day management of the farm and its animals, derives a share of livelihood from the farm, and produces a livestock product for sale. (Schedule F form from your most recent tax return will be required with application.)
5. For grants geared toward marketing, applications will only be considered from farms already considered highly welfare-oriented as determined by holding one of the following certifications:
a. American Grassfed Certified
b. Animal Welfare Approved
c. Certified Humane
d. Certified Naturally Grown
e. USDA Certified Organic
6. All grant applications must include a concrete implementation plan. Non-marketing applications should include steps for increasing access to pasture and/or improving animal welfare of the pigs, broiler chickens, laying hens, dairy cows or beef cattle on the operation.
GrantWatch ID#: 126733
Livestock and poultry farmers are eligible to apply.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Food Animal Concerns Trust
Attn. Healthy & Humane Farm Funds Project
3525 W. Peterson Avenue, Suite 213
Chicago IL, 60659
digital application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming