Foundation / Corporation
01/09/12 12:00 PM EST; Late February 2012: Semifinal applications due
Social entrepreneurs worldwide can apply for seed money of up to $90,000 and technical support to start new organizations. Fellowships are available to individuals with innovative and creative approaches to pressing issues around the globe, in order for them to devote time necessary to organize, create, and manage a venture to address these issues. Those selected will also receive access to Echoing Green’s robust network, leadership development opportunities, and one-to-one support and counseling. Echoing Green's newly launched alumni initiative builds a community among the 500+ fellows dating back to 1987 in order to foster peer learning, shared access to useful resources, and a lifetime commitment to positive social change.
Faith-based initiatives that have a spiritual basis but are not tied to any specific religion or faith may be considered.
• Research projects
• Lobbying activities
GrantWatch ID#: 126823
Up to $90,000
* Can be citizens of any nationality
* If based in the U.S., must have legal status to work there
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must have sufficient English fluency to participate in interviews and Echoing Green events
* Must make a full-time commitment (minimum 35 hours per week) to the organization's development for the duration of the two-year fellowship.
Partnerships may apply if both partners meet all eligibility requirements
* May be for-profit or non-profit
* Organizations can be based in any country
* Must be in a start-up phase
* Must be independent and autonomous. Generally, organizations with fiscal sponsors are still considered autonomous.
• Students who put their organization on hold due to conflicts with their studies
• Recipients of prior Echoing Green funding
Webinar Recordings - http://www.echoinggreen.org/fellowship/app-guidance
* General Information Webinar: One hour-long presentation and Q&A session, recorded live October 27, 2011. The presentation features both Echoing Green staff and 2007 Fellow Rafiq Kalam Id-Din.
* As part of Echoing Green\'s effort to increase the pool of talent and bold ideas presented each year, four new webinars have been specifically designed for women, African-Americans, U.S.-based Latinos, and local leaders from developing countries.
Frequently asked questions: http://www.echoinggreen.org/fellowship/faq#project
* Grantees must attend Echoing Green\'s training conferences.
* All new fellows must attend a conference in the summer of the year they are selected, as well as a winter conference for two years. Echoing Green covers all expenses related to these events.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.