Skokie Fine Arts Commission
09/28/18 5:00 PM
Grants to Skokie, Illinois nonprofit arts organizations for arts programming in the community. New or previously rejected applicants are required to attend a grant workshop prior to applying. Funding is intended for projects in the audio, visual, or creative arts fields. Priority is given to minority and underserved groups.
- Emphasis on fine arts, music and dance.
- Cultural diversity programming.
- Evidence of an organization’s ability to carry out the project or the success of an event that already occurred.
- Demonstration of the ability to secure funding from other sources.
- Impact on residents of Skokie (i.e. percentage of Skokie residents that will participate in the event).
GrantWatch ID#: 126911
All proposed programs/projects must take place between May 1, 2018 and April 30, 2019.
Who is eligible?
- Village of Skokie not-for-profit arts organizations.
- Skokie non-art organizations which choose to sponsor arts programming that is of a non-religious
nature and is open to the general public.
Governing bodies with taxing powers, parent-teacher organizations and organizations that currently receive funding through the Village’s Grant Programming Budget are not eligible to apply
Skokie Fine Arts Commission will not fund:
- Capital improvements or construction costs.
- Purchase of permanent equipment.
- An existing deficit from a previous year or project.
- Existing staff costs for non-arts organizations.
- Existing annual art-related programs.
- Personal expenses such as child care and unrelated wages lost due to proposed project commitment.
- Unsigned, incomplete or late applications.
- Individual artists unless sponsored by a Skokie arts organization.
- Travel expenses.
- Applicants who do not return the evaluation forms.
New applicants and applicants that were denied grant funding in the past are required to attend one of the following:
- Grants workshop scheduled for Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 7:30 PM at Village Hall.
- One of the subsequent Skokie Fine Arts Commission meetings. Meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday of each month at Skokie Village Hall in Conference Room A at 7:30 PM.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM on Friday, September 28, 2018.
Award recipients will be notified by early November 2018.
The organization submitting the application must make a matching financial contribution of at least 25% of the cost of the project.
All Project Grant Evaluations Forms must be completed and returned before grant money is distributed.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Return completed application to:
Skokie Village Hall - Village Manager’s Office
ATTN: Skokie Fine Arts Commission
5127 Oakton Street
Skokie, Illinois 60077
Nick Wyatt, Fine Arts Commission staff liaison
USA: Illinois: Skokie