Foundation / Corporation
Quinnipiac River Fund
01/11/12 5:00 PM
Grants are available for non-profit organizations in the State of Connecticut for proposals that will benefit the condition of the environment of the watersheds and harbor in New Haven, as well as the Quinnipiac River. These water resources are extremely important and the goal of the funding is to increase and preserve their quality. Consideration is given to grant proposals that:
* Research the pollutants in the Quinnipiac River
* Research methods of reducing pollution, or otherwise improving the Quinnipiac River's environmental health
* Address means of reducing both non-point and point sources of pollution to the River
* Research the permitting process and look at the permits themselves
* Entail environmental advocacy, except litigation
* Study the ecology of the Quinnipiac River and the New Haven Harbor
* Provide public education about the Quinnipiac River and its watershed
* Purchase land on the Quinnipiac River for conservation purposes, or to reduce pollution and improve public access to the River.
GrantWatch ID#: 126951
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications must be completed online and are available at: www.thequinnipiacriverfund.org or www.cfgnh.org.
Contact Denise Canning