The Regional Touring Grant Program
Grants for Arts and Culture in the South
Foundation / Corporation
South Arts, Inc.
03/01/12 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Grants are available for non-profit and government presenting organizations as fee support to host performing artists from outside of the presenter’s state. These grant opportunities are only available in nine Southern states which comprise the entire region of South Arts. Touring support is awarded to theatre, music, opera, musical theatre, and dance projects that contain both a public performance and an educational component. These grants are limited and very competitive. The maximum request is 50% of the artist's fee.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
* All applicants must have a DUNS number. Applications will not be accepted from organizations that do not have a DUNS number.
* Eligible projects must take place in South Arts' nine-state region. Unless there are special circumstances, projects should take place in the presenter’s state (please contact South Arts to discuss special conditions).
* Eligible projects must include at least one of the following: (1) engagement of targeted underserved audiences (K-12 students, seniors, or individuals with disabilities); (2) engagement of an artist or company that resides in South Art's region; and/or (3) a residency of three days or more.
Applicants for the Regional Touring grant are also eligible to apply for an additional grant called a Blocked Book Tour grant. A Block-Booked Tour application requires a minimum of three presenters from at least two states in South Arts' region. For the purpose of these guidelines, a block-booked tour is when the artist/company does not return home between any of the funded bookings on the tour; the tour must occur over consecutive dates among the applicants.
For further details and deadline dates refer to the following link:
Up to $7,500 for dance projects or $5,000 for all other projects.
Projects must take place between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS
- See RFP and/or Grant Guidelines for full eligibility
Non-profit and government presenting organizations in South Arts' nine-state region (AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN) are eligible to apply.
1:1 matching funds are required.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
1800 Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 808,
Atlanta, GA 30309
USA: Alabama; Florida; Georgia; Kentucky; Louisiana; Mississippi; North Carolina; South Carolina; Tennessee
Libby is constantly in touch with grant program managers and reviews numerous publications to make sure that GrantWatch.com provides subscribers with the most up-to-date grant opportunities.
We have grants for:
Hi, I would love to guide you through the site.
Please feel free to call or write.