Foundation / Corporation
Native People for Cancer Control and the Institute of Translational Health Sciences; funded by the National Cancer Institute
Grants of up to $3,500 will be awarded to organizations in multiple states to defray direct project costs, such as personnel, supplies, and incentives, of cancer-related programs targeting Native American and Native Alaskan populations. Eligible short-term projects can involve cancer education, prevention, screening and treatment, cancer-related training, and conferences examining issues relating to cancer and native populations. It is anticipated that this funding opportunity will serve to enhance existing relationships and build new bridges for community-based participatory research, training, and education to improve American Indian and Alaska Native health.
Examples of eligible projects include the following:
* Increasing awareness of cancer screening benefits
* Planning educational activities that promote cancer-screening practices
* Developing strategies to increase cancer-screening behavior
* Involving worksites in cancer education or screening awareness
* Establishing support groups for cancer patients or survivors
* Involving tribal gatherings, religious, or non-profit organizations in cancer education and prevention
* Providing cancer information to target audiences such as health educators, tribal leaders, or community members
* Organizing conferences on topics such as conducting research on small population groups, grant writing, educating tribal communities on economic and health impacts of cancer, and identifying strategies for community awareness of cancer screening
* Developing a session on Native cancer issues for a planned regional or national conference
* Sending staff to cancer-related trainings and/or conferences
Computer equipment, direct patient services, and indirect costs will not be funded.
GrantWatch ID#: 127075
Up to $3,500
Activities must be completed by May 31, 2012
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alaska; Idaho; Montana; North Dakota; Oregon; South Dakota; Washington; Wyoming