Foundation / Corporation
William Penn Foundation
Grants to improve education in Pennsylvania. The purpose of this funding is to promote a better early care and education system, more effective and equitable education policies, networks of developmental opportunities for older youth, and improvements to the systems supporting families. The grantmaking focuses largely on critical transitions in the lives of children as they progress from birth, through early childhood, and into young adulthood.
The Foundation provides funding for a wide variety of purposes that address the priorities within its grant interest areas. Examples of the types of grants awarded include:
- New programs, expansion of ongoing successful programs, or core programs
- Replication, in this region, of successful national practices
- Policy-related work and advocacy
- Project evaluation
- Strategic planning
- Organization capacity building
- Capital expenditures
- Publications and other public information projects
- Collaborative efforts with other non-profits
GrantWatch ID#: 127108
Must serve people in the six-county Greater Philadelphia region (Bucks County, Camden County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, and Philadelphia County).