Foundation / Corporation
Philanthropic Black Women of Memphis (PBWM)
Grants of up to $5,000 to Shelby County, Tennessee nonprofit organizations to foster economic self-sufficiency in underserved communities. Programs in the areas of education, scholarship, entrepreneurship, career development, and health are of particular interest. Projects must be inclusive, serve diverse communities, and allow underserved participants to reach their full potential.
Priority will be given to:
- Grant requests that include evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of process and outcome with a clear definition of program success.
- Programs that have board, staff and volunteers that are inclusive of and clearly reflect the diversity of the community served.
- Projects that serve populations in underserved segments or neighborhoods.
GrantWatch ID#: 127130
Maximum request must not exceed $5,000.
To be eligible to receive a grant from the Foundation, applicants must:
- Have a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt designation from the Internal Revenue Service
- Be located within Shelby County
- Apply no more than every 3 years
- For-profit organizations
- Churches or programs that promote religious activities
- Projects which take place before the completion of the grant-making process
- Projects inconsistent with federal, state and local non-discrimination ordinances regarding equal employment opportunities.
- Campaigns to elect public officials
The Application Deadline is March 15, 2019
Grants Will Be Awarded in April 2019
The process begins with an application of interest, found below. These will be accepted by mail or email.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
All applications should be mailed or emailed to:
Philanthropic Black Women of Memphis Fund
1509 Madison Ave.
Memphis, TN 38104
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
USA: Tennessee: Shelby County