Foundation / Corporation
Philanthropic Black Women of Memphis (PBWM)
Grants of up to $5,000 to Shelby County, Tennessee nonprofit organizations for programs that promote economic self-sufficiency for underserved populations or neighborhoods. Funding is intended for, but not limited to, the focus areas of health, education, career development, scholarship, and entrepreneurship.
Grant requests should include evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of process and outcome with a clear definition of program success.
GrantWatch ID#: 127130
Maximum request must not exceed $5,000.
To be eligible to receive a grant from the Foundation, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt designation from the Internal Revenue Service
- Be located within Shelby County
- Provide written result of the grant awarded if you are a previous PBWM grant recipient
- Programs should have board, staff, and volunteers that are inclusive of and clearly reflect the diversity of the community served.
- For-profit organizations
- Churches or programs that promote religious activities
- Projects which take place before the completion of the grant-making process
- Projects inconsistent with federal, state and local non-discrimination ordinances regarding equal employment opportunity
- Campaigns to elect public officials
- The current grant application process started September 1, 2017.
- The application deadline is October 31, 2017.
- Grants will be awarded in December 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
All applications should be mailed or emailed to:
Philanthropic Black Women of Memphis Fund
1509 Madison Ave.
Memphis, TN 38104
USA: Tennessee: Shelby County