Foundation / Corporation
Arkansas Cancer Coalition (ACC)
Grants ranging from $3,500 to $5,500 to Arkansas member nonprofit organizations for projects and programs related to cancer detection, prevention, and care. Particular attention will be given to organizations serving the highest risk counties, including Phillips, Poinsett, Mississippi, Cross, Lafayette, Ouachita, Bradley, Jackson, Woodruff, and Lawrence (as identified in the Arkansas Department of Health 2015 red county report).
The following Mini Grants are available:
ACP Cancer Control Mini Grants: The purpose of this grant is to provide financial support ranging from $3,500-$5,500 for projects focused on implementing strategies from all chapters of the Arkansas Cancer Plan.
ACP Cancer Transportation Mini Grants: The purpose of this grant is to provide financial support of $3,500 for projects focused on funding transportation assistance to cancer patients.
ACP Tobacco Control Mini Grants: The purpose of this grant is to provide financial assistance ranging from $3,500-$5,500 to fund local implementation of tobacco prevention in rural areas.
GrantWatch ID#: 127204
$3,500 to $5,500
Funding must be expended no later than April 5, 2019.
Arkansas private and public tax-exempt non-profit organizations are eligible to apply.
To be eligible for funding, applicants or its fiduciary agent must:
- Be a member of the Arkansas Cancer Coalition.
For membership information, go to:
- Be registered with the Office of the Secretary of State of Arkansas
A qualified applicant is one that:
- Demonstrates effectiveness and capacity to provide programs consistent with proven cancer control strategies that advance specific goals, objectives and strategies of the Arkansas Cancer Plan (ACP).
- Demonstrates administrative, fiscal, and programmatic ability to manage grant funds.
- Demonstrates the availability of adequate equipment (including computers) to support staff and program needs.
Applications submitted in response to this RFA must not duplicate applications approved by other funding agencies.
Tobacco Control-related proposals and/or initiatives must not duplicate funding from the Arkansas Department of Health Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Program and the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Minority Initiative Sub-Recipient Grant Office.
Please note that the Arkansas Cancer Coalition will not provide grant funding to an organization unless the organization has a comprehensive tobacco-free policy in place. The policy must prohibit all tobacco products (combustible and smokeless) and electronic smoking devices (electronic cigarettes and vapors) at all locations owned or leased by the organization, must apply to all staff, visitors, vendors, patients, clients etc. and should not include designated smoking areas.
1. Consultant Fees
3. Speaker Fees
5. Educational tools/pamphlets/brochures
6. Media & Advertising
7. Conference & Meeting Costs
8. Printing/Graphic Design/Postage
1. Salary expenses or Fringe expenses
2. Fundraising activities or expenses related to fundraising
3. Lobbying or expenses related to lobbying
4. Entertainment or incidental costs related to entertainment
5. Alcoholic Beverages
6. Legal Fees
7. Gifts (this also includes gift cards, please see allowable costs for fuel cards)
8. First class and non-coach travel
9. Contributions and donations
10. Advancements or Contractor/Consultant advancements
The submission deadline for applications is September 14, 2018.
Request for Application Issued: August 7, 2018
Application Deadline: September 14, 2018
Award Notification Date: September 21, 2018
Grant Start – End Date: October 1, 2018 – April 30, 2019
Applications will be considered for funding based on the availability of funds and a review process. Each successful applicant will be required to sign a fully executed Memorandum of Agreement. The ACC Mini-Grant program delivers funding on a reimbursement basis. Partners will submit an expense report each month to be reimbursed for costs incurred on behalf of the program with the final expense report due April 5, 2019. In addition, If there are monies left over, they must be returned by April 5, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Trena Mitchell, Executive Director
Online Contact Form:
Nicole Taylor, BS
Arkansas Cancer Coalition
Office (501) 408-3867
Fax (501) 408-3867
Two Financial Centre
10825 Financial Centre Parkway,
Little Rock, AR 72211