Foundation / Corporation
AstraZeneca HealthCare Foundation
03/15/12 5 PM ET
Grants of up to $1.5 million (per program) are available to non-profits running charitable programs within the US to bolster general knowledge of, and overall health of, the cardiovascular system. The programs should benefit the residents of the US and its territories. Funds may be given to organizations that propose pioneering ideas to address cardiovascular health issues, recognize and work to address an unmet need related to cardiovascular health in the community, respond to the urgency around addressing cardiovascular health issues including cardiovascular disease or conditions contributing to cardiovascular disease, and improve patients’ lives in connection with the services provided.
The AstraZeneca HealthCare Foundation will consider organization proposals based on ability to meet key criteria, such as:
Program Design, Innovation and Sustainability
• Program demonstrates clear, defined and designated outcomes, measurements and processes
• Program offers an innovative approach
• Program collects and measures program outcomes
• Program defines sustainability beyond potential grant funding
• Program must be open to the community-at-large if the organization is a religious organization
Also included in the funding:
• Incidental equipment and costs necessary to complete or sustain a project are allowed
• Programs requesting funding for equipment that is more than 30% of the total budget will only be considered when the equipment is integral to the specific program design (e.g., tele-monitoring equipment, first responder equipment, BP monitoring equipment, etc.)
Programs that focus exclusively on the following will not be considered for funding:
• Capital investments and unsolicited capital campaigns
• Media/awareness building
• Enhancement of existing hospital services (e.g. inpatient case management) or hospital software systems
• Professional education and/or training for healthcare professionals that is more than incidental to the program
An organization with current funding does not have to wait until that funding has ended to submit another application for a new program.
GrantWatch ID#: 127254
Preference is to fund the majority of Foundation grants between $150,000 and $250,000. There is a yearly maximum cap amount of $1.5 million per program.
Non-profit organizations based in the United States engaged in charitable work (at the community level or otherwise) that addresses the Foundation’s Connections for Cardiovascular Health mission
December 2012 Foundation Grant Funds Distributed to the 2012 Awardees
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming