Foundation / Corporation
The Maine Women’s Fund
Non-profit organizations located throughout Maine are eligible to apply for funding for programs and projects that help women achieve economic security. Funding is provided for both operating support as well as program and project support. The Fund supports those organizations that can describe outcomes of their social change work (that create tangible shifts in society) within the context of economic security for Maine women, demonstrate a commitment to women’s equality, encourage women and girls to define their needs, listen to the voices of women and girls, and are willing to implement these ideas within the organization’s structure and programs.
The Maine Women’s Fund supports programs that fall under one of the following four categories:
1. Education and Youth Development
2. Entrepreneurship, Better Jobs and Wages
3. Financial Literacy and Asset Building
4. Policy and Leadership
The Fund seeks to work in partnership with its grantees to promote economic security for women and girls across Maine. It is expected that grantees will:
* Participate in the Fund at various events throughout the year, including, but not limited to, the annual Leadership Luncheon on May 2, 2012.
* Provide feedback and ideas for the Economic Security Initiative by submitting a Grant Status Report by June 30, 2013.
* Help the Maine Women’s Fund make a public case for women’s economic security across Maine by participating in the Making Change Happen Campaign.
GrantWatch ID#: 127269
Funding is provided for:
* Organizations incorporated as not-for-profits
* Collaborations of two or more organizations that are working together to achieve a common goal
* Unincorporated organizations with a fiscal agent
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Office and Grants Manager
Phone: 207-774-5513 ext 103