Vermont Department of Public Safety
Grants are available in Vermont for projects that increase the number of people interested in qualifying to become emergency medical or fire responders. The goal of the funding is not only to encourage youth to choose emergency rescue as their profession, but also to retain those who have already dedicated themselves to this cause.
The Workforce Investment Act Grant Committee has prioritized the following four eligible areas for competitive funding:
* Support new or enhance existing FIRE Junior / Cadet Programs in attracting new and / or retaining existing junior / FIRE cadets
* Support new or enhance existing EMS Junior / Cadet Programs in attracting new and / or retaining existing junior / EMS cadets
* Support new or enhance existing recruitment campaigns by local fire and EMS departments
* Support a tuition grant program for new EMS (volunteer / call) responders when attending a Vermont Department of Health recognized Emergency Medical Technician - Basic program of instruction.
GrantWatch ID#: 127316
From February 10, 2012 – June 30, 2013.
For the Cadet Program Funding EMS or FIRE:
1. The hosting EMS Junior / Cadet organization must be active and a current licensed responder organization.
2. The hosting organization of the FIRE Junior / Cadet program must be a Vermont Fire Department.
FD and EMS Recruitment Campaigns
1. The organization must be an active and current Vermont Fire Department or EMS organization.
For the EMT Basic Scholarship grant funding:
1. The hosting EMS organization must be active and a current licensed responder organization.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail applications to:
Ms. Sara Small
State of Vermont
Department of Public Safety
Attention: Grants Unit
103 South Main Street
Waterbury, VT 05671-2101
Questions on programs:
Chief Jim Litevich