Foundation / Corporation
The Oshkosh Area Community Foundation
02/24/12 4:00 PM
Grants are available to support Wisconsin non-profits that serve the residents of the city of Oshkosh. The purpose of these grants is to benefit the citizens of Oshkosh with a wide range of services. Eligible organizations are those that address a community problem or opportunity. The following four funding opportunities are available:
(1) City Block Grant: The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds can be used for a variety of public service activities if at least 51 percent of people served with these funds have low and moderate income. The funds can be used for labor, supplies, materials and other costs related to the implementation and operation of the program. All clients benefiting from the use of CDBG funds must live within the city limits of Oshkosh. (For more information, please contact Robin Leslie at 920-236-5059.)
(2) Winnebago County Brighter Futures Funding: The purpose of the Brighter Futures Initiative Funding is to help children, youth and families achieve success by promoting the following goals:
* Healthy families and children/youth
* Children's school readiness
* Children safe in their families and communities
* Youth successful navigation to adulthood
(3) Oshkosh Area United Way: These programs should be new or expansions of services, collaborative and must serve Oshkosh residents.
(4) Oshkosh Area Community Foundation Funding: Programs must address human concerns, improve the quality of life and show collaborative efforts with other organizations to sustain our community.
* Project serves low to moderate income residents within the City of Oshkosh
GrantWatch ID#: 127344
To comply with IRS regulations and national standards set by the Council on Foundations, organizations applying for grants must be 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations. This includes most non-profits, schools and government bodies.
Applying organizations must work within our service area: Winnebago County, Waushara County, Green Lake County and Ripon (Wisconsin).
Paper applications are submitted to the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation (230 Ohio Street, Suite 100, Oshkosh WI 54902).
Online applications are submitted electronically to the Program Director. Online applications are not submitted until you click 'Review and Submit.'
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
If you have questions regarding the grant application process, please contact Cheryl Fowler, Program Director, at (920) 426-3993 or Cheryl@OshkoshAreaCF.org
The City of Oshkosh