Foundation / Corporation
Brookline Community Foundation
04/06/12 4:00 PM
Grants of up to $4,000 will be awarded in Massachusetts to non profit organizations for programming that develops residents' professional skills thereby improving their opportunities for success in the workforce. The foundation's goal is to shift the unemployed/underemployed into stable professional positions.
The Youth Grantmaking team seeks to increase access and expand opportunities for individuals 18 and older in programs offering job training, language learning, and general job-search support. Mini-grants are intended to strengthen and enhance existing programming or to pilot new approaches and ideas. Applicants who address the following priorities are encouraged to apply:
1) High quality educational programs that support low-income Brookline residents seeking employment.
2) High quality career counseling and preparation programs for low-income Brookline residents.
3) Internships/job placement programs for low-income Brookline residents.
4) Stipends for short-term internships that provide skill-building opportunities.
5) Funding for temporary job placements where there is demonstrated opportunity for advancement and permanent employment.
GrantWatch ID#: 128235
Up to $4,000
Whenever possible, grants are made to organizations that have federal tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. If an organization or project is
new and not yet tax-exempt, an application may be submitted through a non-profit organization that has agreed to serve as a fiscal agent. Applications will also be considered
from government bodies, including the Town of Brookline and the Brookline Housing Authority. Organizations that have been or that are currently funded through other funding streams of the Brookline Community Foundation are eligible to apply.
-Applicants are required to contact the Brookline Community Foundation at 617.566.4442 or firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting a proposal.
-Funding decisions will be announced in mid-June.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.