Foundation / Corporation
The Kresge Foundation
Grants up to $50,000 for the performing, visual, and literary arts in Southeast Michigan. Funding is also available to institutions engaged in arts service, education, and broadcasting. Qualified small and mid-size arts and cultural organizations in Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties are invited to apply. Grants should attempt to increase opportunities for cultural and artistic participation and expression for people of all backgrounds. Additionally, funds should demonstrate the ability to contribute to the quality of life and cultural vitality, engage and support regional artists, and strengthen current arts and cultural assets and infrastructure in the region. Applicants should have a record of presenting programs to the public for at least two years.
The Arts Support grant opportunity is open to:
* Performing-arts organizations that primarily produce and present arts and cultural experiences for their communities.
* Visual-arts organizations that encourage the creation and presentation of visual art forms, and support artists and the visual arts and media arts.
* Literary-arts organizations that encourage participation in and/or provide opportunities in creative literary expression and presentation.
* Collecting organizations that offer activities and programs involving physical collections and exhibits which are open to the public and explore the relationships between cultural understanding and creative expression, such as museums and zoos.
* Film, video, and public broadcasting organizations that focus a large part of their programming on arts and culture, fostering creativity for their audiences, and which provide opportunities for other cultural organizations to reach the broader public.
* Arts service organizations that provide opportunities for artists and/or support and training for other arts and cultural organizations, such as management service organizations, advocacy organizations, and arts councils.
* Arts education organizations that concentrate on arts education for students outside the K-12 classroom, such as after-school theater and dance organizations and student visual arts activities.
GrantWatch ID#: 128626
Organizations with annual budgets of less than $300,000 may apply for grants of $5,000 to $15,000 a year. Organizations with annual budgets between $300,000 and $2,999,999 are eligible for grants of $10,000 to $50,000 a year. Grants cannot exceed 10 percent of an organization’s annual operating budget.
Small and mid-size arts and cultural organizations in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties
Organizations operating under a public college/university or government entity
Elementary and secondary schools
College, community college, or university programs that concentrate primarily on degree-granting
Project proposals must have the equivalent of at least one full-time person on staff.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The Kresge Foundation
3215 W. Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48084
Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties