Foundation / Corporation
The Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County
07/16/12 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $300 to $250,000 will be awarded to committed, gifted individual artists and small, unincorporated groups of collaborating artists for projects that promise to advance the career of the artist or group of artists. Funds are intended for the following disciplines: Music Composition, Film/Video, Literature/Playwriting, Choreography/Dance, and Visual Art/Craft. Typical grant awards may include funds for the following:
- Completion/Production of New Work- examples: the cost of purchasing materials to complete a new work or the cost of renting a facility for the presentation of new work; - Career Promotion- examples: demonstration CDs, portfolios, editorial assistance, websites;
- Equipment- the cost of purchasing equipment to complete the proposed project;
- Training- examples: advanced study, coaching, residencies, or workshops that will enhance the applicant’s abilities;
- Travel- examples: costs for transportation, lodging, and food associated with training, workshops, seminars, or research.
Scholarships to assist in obtaining academic or professional degrees
GrantWatch ID#: 128870
Wide ranges averaging from $300 - $250,000
November 1, 2012 - September 30, 2013
Individual artists and small, unincorporated groups of collaborating artists
• Either emerging or established artists over the age of eighteen years
• Current residents of Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Stokes, Surry, or Yadkin Counties who have resided there for a minimum of twelve months immediately preceding the submission deadline.
-Students currently enrolled in a degree or certificate program
-Past recipients who have received grants in the past three fiscal years (2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012)
-Past grant recipients who have not submitted a Final Report to the Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County
-Staff members of the Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County or any of the partner arts councils
Arts Council staff will hold information sessions.
Information Sessions: Highly suggested for all applicants
Saturday, May 5
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Associated Artists of Winston-Salem
301 West 4th Street, Winston Salem, NC 27101
Tuesday, May 15
4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Delta Arts Center
2611 New Walkertown Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Monday, June 11
4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Conference Room, Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts
251 N. Spruce St., Winston-Salem, NC 27101
-Award Notifications: September 1-16, 2012
-Grants over $2,500 will be comprised of multiple payments.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Arts Council, Inc.
305 West 4th Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
For additional information, please contact Dara Silver, Director of Funded Partner and Grant Programs, at email@example.com or call 747-1426.
Forsyth, Davie, Davidson, Stokes, Surry, and Yadkin counties
USA: North Carolina