Wyoming Community College Commission
07/13/12 5:00 PM
Grants will be provided to Wyoming community-based and faith-based organizations for programs that help families move out of poverty through education. These programs will focus on increasing literacy and educational opportunities to low income families for both adults and children. Eligible programs will be implemented through cooperative partnerships that build on high-quality existing community resources to create a new range of services; promote the academic achievement of children and adults; and use instructional programs based on scientifically-based reading research that addresses the prevention of reading difficulties for children and adults, to the extent that such research is available.
Funds provided through this grant must be used by the applicant to develop, strengthen, and expand family literacy services. “Family Literacy Services” means services provided to participants on a voluntary basis that are of sufficient intensity in terms of hours, and of sufficient duration, to make sustainable changes in a family, and that integrate all of the following activities:
* Interactive literacy activities between parents and their children,
* Training for parents on how to be the primary teacher for their children and full partners in the education of their children,
* Parent literacy training that leads to economic self-sufficiency, and
* An age appropriate education to prepare children for success in school and life experiences.
Program participants are:
* A parent or parents who are (1) eligible for participation in adult education literacy activities under the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act; or (2) within the compulsory school attendance age range, as long as a local education agency provides or ensures the availability of the basic education component or attending secondary school; AND
* The child or children from birth to age twelve of the eligible parent, as long as a local education agency provides or ensures the basic education component of children who are eligible for kindergarten through grade 6.
GrantWatch ID#: 129415
Aug 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013 with the possibility of continuing for more than one year.
Deadline for written questions: June 25, 2012. Answers to questions will be posted no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 29, 2012 on the Agency’s website at https://communitycolleges.wy.edu/family-literacy-rfp.aspx.
Restrictions on Communication with State Staff or Contracted Consultants:
From the issuance date of the RFP until program awards are announced, proposers are not allowed to communicate, regarding this RFP, with State staff or contracted consultants except by written questions submitted in accordance with instructions on page 1 of the RFP.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Jim Rose, Executive Director Wyoming Community College Commission 2020 Carey Avenue, 8th Floor Cheyenne, WY 82002
Telephone: (307) 777-7763 FAX: (307) 777-6567 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gail Anderson, Federal Programs Wyoming Community College Commission 2020 Carey Avenue. 8th Floor Cheyenne, WY 82002
Telephone (307) 777-7175 FAX: (307) 777-6567 Email: email@example.com