Foundation / Corporation
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, West Virginia (TMMWV)
Grants to West Virginia nonprofits for innovative and sustainable programs in the areas of youth and education, environment, and safety and diversity. Higher priority is given to programs within Putnam County, with secondary priority given to Jackson, Lincoln, Cabell, Mason, and Kanawha Counties. Important statewide projects may be eligible for limited support.
Special consideration is given to programs with an educational focus that show sustainability. While Toyota prefers to support program-based requests, on occasion, Toyota will support fundraising activities where the majority of the proceeds go directly to the organization.
Toyota funds requests that:
- Are geared towards benefiting a large number of people
- Offer participation in local educational programs
- Exhibit clear, measurable and realistic goals and objectives
- Establish the means for evaluation and reporting after a program is completed
- Provide leadership and development programs for participants
- Target youth within any of the funding priority areas
- Include financial and other strategic commitments from other funding organizations
GrantWatch ID#: 129845
Toyota does not make grants to those not recognized as charitable organizations by the Internal Revenue Service.
Toyota is unable to fund requests from organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, medical condition, sex or gender (including pregnancy), gender identity and/or expression (including a transgender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Organizations are limited to one grant within a twelve month period.
Toyota is unable to fund requests benefitting:
- Political organizations, parties or candidates
- Fraternal organizations
- Labor organizations
- Non-charitable organizations
- Athletic organizations or sports teams
- Individual and/or private schools
- Covering routine institutional expenses or deficits
Apply by December 1st for February notification.
Apply by May 1st for July notification.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please send questions to ToyotaPhilanthropy@Toyota.com.
USA: West Virginia: Putnam County; and Cabell, Jackson, Kanawha, Lincoln, and Mason Counties.