Foundation / Corporation
Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi (TMMMS)
Grants to Mississippi nonprofits, government organizations, and public schools in eligible counties for environment, education and youth, diversity, and safety programs. Eligible counties include Itawamba, Alcorn, Lowndes, Lee, Tippah, Monroe, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Tishomingo, and Union.
Priority is given to programs with an educational focus that show sustainability. While Toyota prefers to support program-based requests, on occasion, Toyota will support fund-raising activities where the majority of the proceeds go directly to the organization.
Toyota funds requests that:
- Are geared towards benefiting a large number of people
- Offer participation in local educational programs
- Exhibit clear, measurable and realistic goals and objectives
- Establish the means for evaluation and reporting after a program is completed
- Provide leadership and development programs for participants
- Target youth within any of the funding priority areas
- Include financial and other strategic commitments from other funding organizations
GrantWatch ID#: 129852
Toyota's national corporate giving program supports charitable nonprofit organizations that are recognized by the Internal Revenue Service. The Foundation also support State or Municipal Organizations and Public Schools.
Geographic scope: Alcorn, Itawamba, Lee, Lowndes, Monroe, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo, and Union counties.
Toyota is unable to fund requests:
- From organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, medical condition, sex or gender (including pregnancy), gender identity and/or expression (including a transgender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Toyota is unable to fund requests benefiting:
- Political organizations, parties or candidates
- Fraternal organizations
- Labor organizations
- Non-charitable organizations
- Athletic organizations or sports teams
- Individual and/or private schools
- Covering routine institutional expenses or deficits
Toyota does not make grants for publications, lobbying activities, advertising, capital campaigns or endowments. Individuals are ineligible to apply.
Organizations are limited to one grant within a twelve month period.
Apply By: May 1st for notification in July.
Apply By: Dec 1st for notification in February.
It can take up to 6 months to review and evaluate a proposal. Please do not contact the Foundation by phone or by email to ask about the status of an application. Due to the volume of inquiries, the Foundation cannot respond individually to requests for status.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Mississippi: Alcorn, Itawamba, Lee, Lowndes, Monroe, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo, and Union counties