Foundation / Corporation
Fairfield County Community Foundation
Grants are available for Connecticut non-profit organizations to improve the quality of life in Fairfield County. Areas of focus in this grant opportunity include education and youth development, economic opportunity, health and human services, arts and culture, the environment, and strengthening local non-profits.
The Foundation has specific goals in each of the six areas of funding:
* Arts and Culture: The Foundation’s goals for these grants include increasing opportunities for urban youth to participate in quality arts education programs, cultivating new and diverse arts audiences, and increasing the sustainability of arts organizations and helping local arts organizations collaborate with each other.
* Economic Opportunity: The Foundation’s goals for these grants include helping low-wage women achieve economic security, increasing affordable housing for seniors and low and moderate-wage residents, helping immigrants learn English, providing job skills training, and reforming public transportation.
* Education and Youth Development: The primary goals for these grants include reducing the achievement gap between low-income and upper-income children, improving the quality and affordability of after-school and youth development programs, and increasing the quality of early childhood and school readiness programs.
* Environment: The Foundation awards grants to improve the health of Long Island Sound and its watershed, increase green space in urban settings, and promote smart growth initiatives.
* Health and Human Services: The Foundation’s goals for these grants include supporting medical, dental and mental health care for uninsured and underinsured adults and families, and improving the quality of life for residents with disabilities.
* Strengthening Non-Profits: Goals of these grants include increasing the efficiency and sustainability of non-profits.
GrantWatch ID#: 130729
A letter of inquiry is required and due on March 1, 2013. Full proposal submission depends upon review of the LOI.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.