Foundation / Corporation
The Raymond John Wean Foundation
10/15/18 - for Grants over $5,000; Applications for Grants between $1,000 to $5,000 are accepted at any time
Grants between $1,000 and $5,000 and larger grants of over $5,000 to Mahoning Valley, Ohio nonprofits, schools, agencies, and faith-based organizations to improve local communities and neighborhoods. LOIs for grants over $5,000 are due December 1, 2017. Strategic priorities include community revitalization, economic opportunity, educational opportunity, and public sector leadership.
More details on the strategic priorities are as follows:
Resourced and sustained physical landscape in Warren and Youngstown neighborhoods
Increased economic mobility for residents
School, college and career readiness for Warren and Youngstown City School District students
Public Sector Leadership
Efficient and effective local government infrastructure
GrantWatch ID#: 130997
- Community Investment Grants: $1,000 to $5,000
- Community Investment Grants: Over $5,000
To be eligible, an organization must be:
- Tax-exempt nonprofit under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or operate under the fiscal sponsorship of a tax-exempt nonprofit under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, including schools, faith-based and public organizations; and
- Primarily serving the residents of the Mahoning Valley (on a case-by-case basis, the Foundation may consider support for regional, statewide, or national public policy efforts that are otherwise aligned with the strategic priorities)
The Foundation does not fund:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
- Individuals, businesses/for profit entities
- Individual scholarships or grants, even if through an otherwise qualified organization
- Religious organizations for religious or evangelical purposes
- Lobbying/political campaigns or promotion of issues
- Endowment funds or capital campaigns
- Film or video production
- Debt reduction
- Foreign operations or expenditures
- National fundraising campaigns or mass mailing campaigns
- Fundraising event sponsorship
- Membership in civic organizations or trade associations
- Veterans’ organizations or fraternal societies
Community Investment Grants – $1,000 to $5,000
- One-stage: Letter of Inquiry submission.
- Accepted at any time.
- Within four weeks, advisement of whether funding is approved.
Community Investment Grants – Over $5,000
- Two-stages: Letter of Inquiry submission, followed by a more detailed proposal, if invited.
- Accepted on a quarterly basis.
- Within four weeks, advisement of whether a full proposal is in order and the corresponding due date for completion.
- The Board approves or declines recommendations at quarterly Board meeting.
Letter of Inquiry Deadline: December 1
Proposal Deadline: January 15
Board Meeting: March
Letter of Inquiry Deadline: March 1
Proposal Deadline: April 15
Board Meeting: June
Letter of Inquiry Deadline: June 1
Proposal Deadline: July 15
Board Meeting: September
Letter of Inquiry Deadline: September 1
Proposal Deadline: October 15
Board Meeting: December
Strategic priorities: https://www.rjweanfdn.org/about/strategic-priorities/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Start a $1,000 to $5,000 application: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2089/default.asp?SA=SNA&FID=35017
Start an over $5,000 application: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_2089/?SA=SNA&FID=35035
Business and Grants Officer
The Raymond John Wean Foundation
147 West Market Street
Warren, Ohio 44481-1022
General Email: email@example.com
USA: Ohio: Mahoning Valley - Mahoning and Trumbull Counties