Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro
01/03/13 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $150 - $2,000 are available in Guilford County, North Carolina for programs and projects planned by 6th – 12th grade youth and/or adults & carried out/led by youth only. Each group must have an adult advisor and a sponsoring organization that can be a community group affiliated with a school, church, or other non-profit organization.
Grant money may be used for the following:
* Materials for an event or project, like equipment rental, space rental, awards, food, CDs, supplies like sports equipment, turntables, games, books, or markers
* Postage, printing, copying, or design costs
* Transportation costs within the county (van rental, etc.)
GrantWatch ID#: 131685
$150 - $2,000
Project must be completed by December 1, 2013.
The following is a list of items that are NOT ELIGIBLE for funding:
* Trips outside Guilford County
* Projects that are carried out and led by adults
* Projects that are just designed to raise money for your group or another group
* Salaries or stipends for any members of the group
* Operating expenses (i.e. electricity bill) that the sponsoring organization incurs
* Anything that is not going to be directly used for the project
* Any alcohol, tobacco, or drug products or promotions
* Projects that solely promote religion
-Applicants will be asked to give a 5-8 minute presentation on their project to the Teen Grantmaking Council on January 14, 2013 at 6:00 pm.
-Groups that are awarded grants will be required to attend a closing celebration event on the evening of March 18, 2013 at the Community Foundation.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: North Carolina