Foundation / Corporation
Grants to teams of at least two K-12 educators from public, non-profit charter, or parochial schools in Summit County, Ohio to develop and implement classroom-based projects and methods that impact student academic achievement. Projects may focus on improving achievement in either the classroom, department or grade, or school-wide.
Priority is given to the following:
- Projects/programs that help students meet/exceed Ohio’s Learning Standards
- Projects that incorporate evidence-based teacher professional development
- Projects/programs that help teachers/students achieve/promote the district or school’s vision
- Projects that demonstrate support for keeping learners on track for college and career readiness, as demonstrated by progress along six key transition points on the Cradle-to-Career Continuum
GrantWatch ID#: 131852
- Grants to improve achievement in one or more classrooms: Up to $5,000
- Grants to improve achievement in grade level or departments: Up to $10,000
- Grants to improve achievement school-wide: Up to $15,000
Teams of K-12 Summit County educators in public, private, parochial or not-for-profit charter schools may apply.
EIG does not fund:
- Teacher stipends
- Furniture or capital improvements
- Incentives or rewards for students (pencils, pens, stickers, etc)
- T-shirts or clothing
- Standard school supplies
If you are an educator applying for the EIG program, you do not need to complete an LOI. The deadline to apply for an Educator Initiative Grant is February 23, 2018 by 5pm. GAR will announce funding in April, 2018.
Ohio’s Learning Standards: http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Learning-in-Ohio/OLS-Graphic-Sections/Learning-Standards
Cradle to Career Continuum: http://seisummit.org/indicators/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_253?SA=SNA&FID=35047
Any questions or requests for guidance or help should be directed to:
Lucille Esposito, EIG Program Manager
Jessica Cherok at
email@example.com or 330-576-2915
USA: Ohio: Summit County