Foundation / Corporation
02/22/19 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $5,000, $10,000, and $15,000 to Summit County, Ohio teams of educators in K-12 public, charter, or parochial schools for classroom and school-based projects. Funding is intended to develop and implement programs that positively impact student academic achievement. Programs may focus on improving student achievement in one or more classrooms, at department- or grade-level, or school-wide.
Priority is given to the following:
- Projects/programs that help students meet/exceed Ohio’s Learning Standards
- Projects that incorporate evidence-based teacher professional development
- Projects/programs that help teachers/students achieve/promote the district or school’s vision
- Projects that demonstrate support for keeping learners on track for college and career readiness, as demonstrated by progress along six key transition points on the Cradle-to-Career Continuum
GrantWatch ID#: 131852
- Grants to improve achievement in one or more classrooms: Up to $5,000
- Grants to improve achievement in grade level or departments: Up to $10,000
- Grants to improve achievement school-wide: Up to $15,000
Teams of K-12 Summit County educators in public, private, parochial or not-for-profit charter schools may apply.
Technology should not exceed 40% of the budget. No more than 10% of requested funds from GAR Foundation may be used for substitutes. For additional budget information see the Applicant's Guide in Supporting Documents.
EIG does not fund:
- Teacher stipends
- Furniture or capital improvements
- Incentives or rewards for students (pencils, pens, stickers, etc)
- T-shirts or clothing
- Standard school supplies
All EIG applications must be submitted online to GAR Foundation no later than 5:00 pm, February 22, 2019. Notification of awards will take place in April.
Applicants do not need to complete a Letter of Inquiry for an EIG application.
Make sure to allow enough time to obtain both your Principal’s and Superintendent’s signature on the Endorsement Page that accompanies your application for your project.
Ohio’s Learning Standards: http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Learning-in-Ohio/OLS-Graphic-Sections/Learning-Standards
Cradle to Career Continuum: http://seisummit.org/indicators/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_253?SA=SNA&FID=35058
Any questions or requests for guidance or help should be directed to:
Lucille Esposito, EIG Program Manager
USA: Ohio: Summit County