Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $200,000 will be awarded in several Iowa counties to non-profit organizations for programs and projects that relate to breast health and/or breast cancer. Funds are intended for innovative programs that reduce breast cancer mortality, especially among those who are disproportionately affected by this disease. Programming should fall within the following funding priority areas:
1. Improve access to breast health services for all women in Iowa.
2. Strengthen and build partnerships that will increase overall community impact.
3. Enhance education and awareness of disease prevention, breast health, and breast cancer in order to move at-risk populations to action.
4. Increase breast health education or services provided in target counties including: Polk, Decatur, and Ringgold counties.
5. Special consideration will be given to progams addressing areas within the continuum of care including diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up care.
Funds may be used for the following types of program expenses:
• Consultant fees
• Salaries and Benefits, Compensation requests for program staff must not exceed 10% of the overall amount requested in the grant application
• Clinical services or patient care costs
• Meeting Costs
• Other direct program expenses
• Equipment, not to exceed $5,000
• Indirect costs, not to exceed 15% of direct costs
GrantWatch ID#: 131882
Maximum request for funding is $200,000.
April 1, 2013 - March 31, 2014
Applicants and institutions must conform to the following eligibility criteria to be considered for funding:
-Applicants must ensure that all past and current Komen-funded grants or awards are up-to-date and in compliance with Komen requirements.
-Institutions must be non-profit organizations located in or providing services to one or more of the following Iowa counties:
Adair, Adams, Allamakee, Audubon, Benton, Black Hawk, Boone, Bremer, Buchanan, Buena Vista, Butler, Calhoun, Carroll, Cass, Cerro Gordo, Cherokee, Chickasaw, Clarke, Clay, Clayton, Crawford, Dallas, Decatur, Delaware, Des Moines, Dickinson, Dubuque, Emmet, Fayette, Floyd, Franklin, Fremont, Greene, Grundy, Guthrie, Hamilton, Hancock, Hardin, Harrison, Henry, Howard, Humboldt, Ida, Iowa, Jackson, Jasper, Johnson, Jones, Kossuth, Lee, Linn, Louisa, Madison, Marion, Marshall, Mills, Mitchell, Monona, Montgomery, Obrien, Osceola, Page, Palo Alto, Pocahontas, Polk, Pottawattamie, Poweshiek, Ringgold, Sac, Shelby, Story, Tama, Taylor, Union, Warren, Washington, Webster, Winnebago, Winneshiek, Worth, and Wright.
-Applicant is not currently debarred from receipt of federal and state funding.
-No key personnel of applicant or any of its affiliates has been convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety within the last year.
-Applicant or any of its affiliates is not currently under a local, state, or federal formal investigation for financial or administrative impropriety or fraud.
To begin the Grant Writing Workshop webinar please see https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/742491486
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.