Foundation / Corporation
Arlington Community Foundation (ACF)
02/21/18 5:00 PM
Grants of up to $1,500 to Arlington, Virginia educators and nonprofits for innovative supplementary education programs. Programs may address the needs of any age group, from preschool to adult students, and can be related to curriculum enrichment, the arts, continuing education, or civic and character education.
The Education Fund seeks to fund either one-time or ongoing projects or proposals from educators and nonprofit organizations for innovative projects that focus on:
- Curriculum enrichment
- The arts – musical, dramatic, and visual
- Continuing education – pursuit of higher education, vocational education, after school and summer programs, and life-long learning
- Civic and character education – environmental issues, parent involvement, physical and health education and community involvement
Although no program is likely to fit all its desired criteria, the Foundation uses these criteria to evaluate programs:
- Innovation or uniqueness of proposal
- A budget mostly for materials and expenses, less for professional fees
- Benefit to a large number of Arlington residents
- Extent of impact among Arlington residents with lower incomes
- Extent to which the grant would represent a meaningful component of the project or program budget
GrantWatch ID#: 133479
Education Fund Grants provide up to $1,500 to educators.
Organizations and individuals with projects designed to meet and/or enrich the educational needs of Arlington residents are encouraged to apply. All grant awards must be payable through a 501(c)(3) or equivalent entity.
Applications must be received at the Arlington Community Foundation by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, February 21, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Arlington Community Foundation
818 N. Quincy Street, Suite #103
Arlington, VA 22203
USA: Virginia: Arlington