Foundation / Corporation
Independence Blue Cross (IBC) Foundation
Grants of up to $25,000 to Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that positively impact the health and wellness of communities in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. Focus areas include education, fitness, awareness, technology, and research.
The Foundation understands that maintaining a healthy lifestyle is a lifelong process that can incorporate nutrition, fitness, mindset, and wellness, among other approaches. The Foundation focuses on specific areas where targeted health needs can be addressed quickly.
Grant requests will be evaluated based on the following criteria. Organizations must:
- Make a measurable and positive impact on the health of a specific community (defined as a geographic area, an ethnic group, or an age group)
- Accomplish clearly defined goals as outlined in the grant application
- Have a clear strategy to implement and manage the proposed project
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility through a detailed and realistic project budget that itemizes expenses and projected revenue
GrantWatch ID#: 134122
In general, funding requests up to $25,000 are considered, with preference given to requests under $10,000.
Eligible organizations can submit requests once per calendar year and must meet the following criteria:
- Must have current 501(c)3 status
- Proposed programming must benefit communities in the five-county southeastern Pennsylvania area (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties)
- Must not have been funded by the IBC Foundation more than twice in the past three years
- Grants to individuals
- Award dinners
- Fund-raising events
- Capital construction
- Conferences, seminars, trips, or camps
- Political causes, candidates, organizations, or capital campaigns
- Sports teams
- Religious groups for religious purposes
- Organizations that do not align with the mission and goals of the IBC Foundation
Applications are accepted from June 1 - July 14, 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1414/default.asp?SA=SNA&FID=35011
Email contact form:
Independence Blue Cross Foundation
1901 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-1480
USA: Pennsylvania: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties