Foundation / Corporation
NBC Bay Area
Grants up to $50,000 are available to Bay Area, California non-profits implementing progressive programs that address emerging or ongoing community challenges in the areas of Civic Engagement, Education, Environment, Jobs and Economic Empowerment, Media Arts and Technology. The goal of the funding is to highlight organizations addressing community issues in new and creative ways.
The funding areas are as follows:
1. Civic Engagement- Engaging citizens to steer change and build strong local communities through service.
2. Education- Strengthening educational opportunities for students from kindergarten through college.
3. Environment- Promoting, incorporating or innovating environmental advances in the local community.
4. Jobs and Economic Empowerment- Providing the tools and processes for individuals to obtain and maintain meaningful jobs.
5. Media Arts- Broadening access to the arts and communications via new media technologies creating technology-based learning and expression platforms.
6. Technology- Utilizing technology to educate and solve for local community challenges.
GrantWatch ID#: 134661
The first place grant recipient will receive a $50,000 grant and two runners-up will each receive $25,000.
Organizations must be in and serving the terrestrial geographic viewing area in the counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Lake, Marin, Mendocino, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano and Sonoma in the state of California.
· The organization must be a tax exempt 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
· The 501(c)(3) non-profit organization must have been in existence for more than two years and have an annual operating budget of more than $300,000 (defined by the organization’s most recent 990).
· The specific program/project being submitted by the organization must have been in existence and in operation for no more than two years.
· 21st Century Solutions supports high impact, innovative programs that are creating change in our local communities by solving existing problems or emerging social issues in new ways. Projects that do not demonstrate an innovative approach will not qualify.
· 21st Century Solutions will accept one entry per Tax ID number, per year.
· Previous 21st Century Solutions winning organizations are eligible to re-apply for program funding after three years. Therefore, organizations awarded grants last year are not eligible to apply and will not be considered.
Not Eligible to apply:
Labor Organizations, Causes or Programs
Political Organizations, Causes or Programs
Religious Organizations, Causes or Programs
Schools and Educational Institutions*
*Unable to fund schools directly. Independent 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications that do not meet the Eligibility Requirements will not be considered. Incomplete applications and those containing information that has been misrepresented will not be considered.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.