Foundation / Corporation
Santa Barbara Foundation
Grants of up to $15,000 to Santa Barbara County, California nonprofit organizations to provide community art opportunities and programs. Funding may be used for artistic performance needs as well as to increase access to dance, music, and artistic programs. The Foundation looks to invest in, nurture, and grow the arts sector by offering support for performances of high caliber.
Priority will be given to organizations that:
- Demonstrate sustained and/or increased demand for the performing arts
- Are taking steps to sustain or expand organizational capacity to address the demand for quality performances and art opportunities
- Demonstrate cultural competence among volunteers, staff, and board members for the communities served
- Demonstrate continuity and engagement, to engage the underserved communities across Santa Barbara County to participate in the arts
Towbes Fund for the Performing Arts Grants are available for a variety of activities in the following areas:
- Expansion of existing programs
- Pilot Programs
- Organizations that seek to produce, present, and preserve exceptional works from a variety of artistic traditions and ensure opportunities for participation that reflect the demographic diversity of Santa Barbara County
- Collaborative efforts to leverage community access to performing arts opportunities
GrantWatch ID#: 134953
Grant awarded for up to $15,000.
The grant period is up to one year from the award date.
- The Towbes Fund for Performing Arts Grant is available to organizations serving all regions of Santa Barbara County.
- Organizations must be certified as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or use a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) tax status. Applications that do not contain a valid EIN (tax ID) number will not be considered. Organizations using a fiscal sponsor must review the Eligibility Criteria & FAQs
Towbes Fund for Performing Arts Grants are not for:
- Capital Items or Equipment
- One-time events, including recurring annual events
- Fundraising events
- General Operating
For additional information and instructions: https://www.sbfoundation.org/nonprofits/eligibility-criteria-faqs/
March 15, 2019: Application deadline
April 26, 2019: Funds awarded
A second grant cycle will open on August 1, 2019, with awards being distributed in October 2019. Look for additional information towards mid-summer of 2019.
For guidelines: https://www.sbfoundation.org/news-events/featured-events/north-county-nonprofit-forum/2019-tfpa-grant-guidelines/
Procedures to apply and submit: https://www.sbfoundation.org/login/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Login and register to apply: https://grantsportal.sbfoundation.org/Accounts/LogOn
For questions and assistance:
Jessica Sanchez, Donor Relations Manager
Santa Barbara Foundation
1111 Chapala Street, Suite 200
Santa Barbara, CA 93101-3100
USA: California: Santa Barbara County