Missouri Housing Development Commission (MHDC)
01/12/18 5:00 PM CDT
Grants to Missouri nonprofit and for-profit developers and housing organizations to meet the housing needs of low-income individuals and families. Funding is available for a broad range of housing needs, such as rental assistance, homelessness prevention, rehabilitation or new constructions of rental housing, and home repair.
Proposed housing proposals must:
-Meet a demonstrated need for housing for very low income persons;
-Provide housing and related services in compliance with the statute;
-Leverage Trust Fund dollars with other grants or loans, tax credits, or other forms of subsidy;
-Provide housing and/or housing services to persons below 50 percent of median income with corresponding rents or fees;
-Be economically feasible.
ll intended recipients assisted by the Missouri Housing Trust Fund must have incomes at or below 50 percent of the area median income for the geographic area adjusted for family size, and 50 percent of the recipients must have incomes at or below 25 percent of the area median income for the geographic area adjusted for family size.
MHDC has identified the following grant types as categories to meet the needs of Missourians:
1. Housing Assistance: available to organizations that provide housing assistance to literally homeless individuals and families
2. Emergency Assistance: available for organizations that provide housing assistance to individuals and families at immediate risk of becoming homeless
3. Operating Funds: available for organizations that provide housing or housing services for the purpose of paying salaries and benefits necessary for operation of the organization
4. Home Repair or Modifications: available to organizations that provide housing services for the payment of certain repairs or modifications of homeowner-occupied single-family homes
5. Construction / Rehabilitation: available for organizations that provide housing for the purpose of payment of costs of new construction or modification or rehabilitation of existing facilities
GrantWatch ID#: 135216
Applicants may not request funds in excess of $150,000 per grant type with a maximum of $300,000 per entity, per grant cycle.
The anticipated funding period for program year 2018 will run April 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019.
Applicants must be a nonprofit or for-profit corporation or partnership entity formed pursuant to applicable Missouri law, must be an entity in good standing with the state of Missouri and provide housing or housing services.
Applicants must demonstrate prior, successful housing experience and have the financial capacity to successfully complete and operate the housing and/or service proposed.
Provider of services must have qualified and trained staff, and a successful record of providing the proposed services.
Missouri Housing Trust Fund monies will not be awarded to individuals.
The 2018 Missouri Housing Trust Fund Application Training will take place November 30, 2017 in Columbia, Missouri.
Applications for funding will be accepted by MHDC until 5:00 PM CDT on Friday, January 12, 2018. All applications received after the deadline will be rejected and returned to the sender.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register for the November 30 training session:
Heather Bradley-Geary, Community Initiatives Manager
Andrea Jenkins, Community Initiatives Coordinator
Missouri Housing Development Commission Community Initiatives Department
920 Main, Suite 1400
Kansas City, MO 64105