Grants to British Columbia qualified donees for programs that benefit the community in eligible regions. Funding is intended for a broad range of activities that address community needs, promote volunteer participation, and include collaboration and partnerships. Eligible activities benefit residents of the North Shore, from Deep Cove to Lions Bay.
The Foundation seeks to fund programs and projects that:
Provide a direct service or address a community need on the North Shore. (Deep Cove to Lions Bay)
Involve collaboration and partnerships.
Build on existing strengths and assets.
Promote the use of volunteers.
Provide realistic plans for longer-term funding if the project is to continue.
Indicate a clearly defined method of evaluation of the project’s effectiveness.
- The organization must be a qualified donee under the Income Tax Act with a charitable number or partnering with a registered charity for the purpose of this application. Go to: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/chrts-gvng/chrts/plcy/cgd/qlfddns-eng.html
- The organization must provide service on the North Shore.
- The organization must have been in operation for at least one year.
- The organization must provide services in the area of social services, culture and the arts, recreation, education, heritage, sports, or animal welfare.
- Capital campaigns
- Expenses incurred prior to application.
- Debt retirement or mortgage pay-downs.
- Expenses for conferences or competitions.
- Fundraising expenses.
- Political, religious or commercial activities.
- Applications open: August 1
- Deadline for Applications: September 30th
- All applicants will receive notification: by November 15th