Foundation / Corporation
The Community Foundation - Idyllwild Youth Grantmakers (IYG) Fund
Grants of up to $1,000 to California nonprofit organizations for programs that benefit youth in the Idyllwild community. Eligible projects will address critical issues facing youth, such as, homelessness, youth recreation, alcohol, and drug use, hunger, and teen pregnancy.
Programs and/or activities that:
- Involve youth in the development and implementation of the project
- Increase community involvement and volunteerism amongst youth
- Promote values of personal responsibility and self-sufficiency in youth
- Provide an avenue for internal exploration and personal empowerment in youth
- Respect diversity
- Support early intervention and prevention of social problems
Preference will be given to the following types of YOUTH activities that address issues that are relevant to teens in the Idyllwild community:
- Arts, culture, dance, drama, music, writing
- Advocacy programs
- Educational classes
- Mentoring or tutorial programs
- Outdoor experiences, camps, etc.
- Programs led by youth instead of adults
- “Real life” learning experiences
- Service learning
- Teen hotlines
GrantWatch ID#: 135665
Applicants may request amounts up to $1,000.
The grant period is up to one year. Programs may start as early as April 1, 2019 and must end no later than March 31, 2020.
- Nonprofit, public benefit corporations with evidence of tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation. Educational institutions are eligible to apply.
- Nonprofit agencies that serve the Idyllwild Community.
- Agencies that operate so that they do not discriminate in the hiring of staff or in providing services on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability
Applications must be received in The Community Foundation office by 5:00 p.m. on December 17, 2018. Postmarks, late applications, incomplete copies and electronic submission, such as e-mail and fax, will NOT be accepted.
Grants are awarded on a competitive basis. Applications will be screened for eligibility and completeness by The Community Foundation (TCF) staff. The Youth Grantmakers Committee will evaluate each application and will forward grant recommendations to Idyllwild Community Fund Advisors and The Community Foundation Board of Directors for final approval.
All applicants will be notified of the results, in writing by February 27, 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail the Application Packet to:
Youth Philanthropy Manager
The Community Foundation
3700 Sixth Street, Suite 200
Riverside, CA 92501
For questions contact:
USA: California: Idyllwild