Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Louisville (CFL) - Fund For Louisville
Grants of up to $20,000 to Louisville Area, Kentucky nonprofit organizations to support capacity building projects in eligible locations. A letter of intent is required prior to submitting a full application. In the current funding cycle, the Foundation is particularly interested in supporting leadership development.
Organizations should demonstrate current and significant work in one or more of the 11 target zip codes, located primarily in the western and south central parts of the community: 40202, 40203, 40208, 40210, 40211, 40212, 40213, 40214, 40215, 40219, 40118.
Capacity building projects strengthen the efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability of nonprofits and can include but are not limited to:
- Leadership development
- Staff training
- Improvements to governance structure
- Creation of organization-wide approach to evaluation
- Improvements to financial- or data-management systems
- Creation of strategic, communication, or fundraising plans
- Technology upgrades and training
- Planning required for merger or collaboration
- Succession planning
- Creating or strengthening volunteer and/or alumni programs
Successful capacity building projects:
- Address issues that affect the organization as a whole, not a single program
- Come at a strategic moment for the organization, such as a leadership transition, a period of rapid growth or expansion, or significant change.
- Are not intended to be a short term fix.
Capacity building grants may pay for the costs associated with professional development and staff training (conference/training fees, travel, lodging, food, etc.), costs of consulting services, hardware, software, website upgrades, and reasonable costs for staff time directly in support of the capacity building project’s objectives.
GrantWatch ID#: 135712
Funding is available for 19-22 grants.
- Grants may be requested for any amount, up to $20,000.
- Grant request must make up 50%+ of the total capacity building project budget.
Grants will be made Dec. 2019 and may be expended from Jan. 1 – Dec. 31, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Director of Grants & Evaluation
Community Foundation of Louisville
325 W. Main Street, Suite 1110
Waterfront Plaza, West Tower
Louisville, KY 40202
USA: Kentucky: The following zip codes in the Louisville Area: 40202, 40203, 40208, 40210, 40211, 40212, 40213, 40214, 40215, 40219, and 40118