Foundation / Corporation
Rotary Club of St. Joseph-Benton Harbor
09/28/18 Postmarked or Delivered by 5:00 PM EDT
Grants starting at $5,000 to Michigan nonprofits and governmental organizations for projects that will improve the lives of St. Joseph-Benton Harbor community residents. Funding is intended for projects that align with the following areas of focus: health, education, and economic and community development.
Within these categories, particular emphasis is given for efforts that seek to better opportunities for youth and special needs populations.
Criteria the Foundation Board will consider in evaluating proposal include:
1. Focus on the Rotary International missions
2. Scope of impact on the community
3. Response to emerging needs or new approaches to meet current needs
4. Measurable outcomes and program evaluation methods
5. Collaboration within the community and elimination of duplication of services
6. Sustainability of project and ongoing support
GrantWatch ID#: 136433
$5,000 is the minimum eligible grant request.
Requests may be made for multi-year projects; however, re-application will be required for subsequent years.
- 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations and governmental organizations within the greater St. Joseph-Benton Harbor area are eligible to apply for a Rotary Foundation grant.
- Requests for ongoing operational funds and annual drives are assigned a low priority.
- Requests for sectarian religious projects and programs, national fund-raising efforts, requests by political organizations, and requests to fund program deficits or previously incurred obligations are ineligible.
Please note, for capital projects, a site drawing showing the location of the improvement to be funded by the grant is required.
Completed grant applications are due by September 28, 2018 and funds will be awarded later this year. All grant applications must be presented on the St. Joseph-Benton Harbor Rotary Club Foundation, Inc. 2018 Grant Application, a fillable PDF form.
Persons/organizations submitting grant applications will be notified in writing of Foundation action normally within 60 days of application deadlines.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail or deliver applications to:
St. Joseph/Benton Harbor Rotary Foundation
c/o Robert L. Judd, Foundation Secretary
720 State Street, P.O. Box 143
St. Joseph, MI 49085
Bob Judd, Foundation Secretary
USA: Michigan: The greater St. Joseph-Benton Harbor area