Foundation / Corporation
Junior League of Galveston County (JLGC)
10/31/17 Electronic receipt or postmarked
Grants of up to $1,000 to Galveston County, Texas nonprofits for immediate, short-term needs. Priority will be given to needs that expand or develop a significant service to the community and requests of an emergency nature. Previous grants have funded hospice care, teen health care services, and an arts center.
GrantWatch ID#: 136440
The amount awarded cannot exceed the sum of $1,000.
Monies funded must be committed to use within 90 days.
Any agency requesting assistance from the CAF must meet all the following criteria and guidelines:
- Be a non-profit, tax-exempt agency, 501(c)(3) status with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Agency must have local representation within Galveston County
Requests for assistance for the following activities will NOT be considered for funding:
- Religious instruction or teaching;
- Travel expenses;
- Fundraising donations or expenses;
- Political activities;
- Requests from individuals;
- An agency which has a project request pending or a project currently funded by the Junior League of Galveston County, Inc.;
- The CAF may give priority to requests made by agencies that have NOT been funded by the League in the previous twelve (12) month period;
- No CAF committee member may bring a proposal to the committee or be directly involved with any applying agency;
- Requests for allocation of more than one thousand dollars ($1,000.00); and
- The Ronald McDonald House, as it receives funds from the endowment.
The preferred method of application submission is via email. If you are unable to submit the application electronically, the application may be sent to the address below.
More on the grant: http://www.jlgalveston.org/project/community-assistance-fund-college-scholarships/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line: CAF/Scholarship Committee CAF Application
If you are unable to submit the application electronically, the application may be sent to:
Junior League of Galveston County, Inc.
ATTN: CAF/Scholarship Committee
Galveston, TX 77550
USA: Texas: Galveston County