Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
A grant of $75,000 will be awarded to a Wisconsin non-profit organization with a strong commitment to protecting and promoting the state's ice age trail. Eligible applicants may submit proposals for activities related to the development, maintenance, protection, and promotion of the ice age trail area.
Required activities include:
* Support the work of volunteers who develop, maintain and promote the Ice Age Trail.
* Build partnerships in the Ice Age Trail area with local governments and nonprofit organizations.
* Promote the protection of the Ice Age Trail corridor by providing information about land acquisition and trail easements.
* Strengthen community support for the Ice Age Trail by recruiting and training volunteers and by coordinating the activities of interest groups.
* Promote tourism associated with the Ice Age Trail.
GrantWatch ID#: 136509
Applicants must have a board of directors and/or advisory council or whose members represent different geographic areas along the Ice Age Trail corridor, and at least one-third of whom are current or former Ice Age Trail volunteers.
The board of directors or an advisory council must collectively have an interest or expertise in all of the following:
- Recruiting and training volunteers
- Land conservation
- Trails and outdoor recreation
- Wisconsin's glacial geology
- Wisconsin's cultural history
Grantee must contribute $25,000 in funds annually to be used with the grant.