Foundation / Corporation
Rivers and Area Community Foundation (RACF)
Grants to Manitoba registered charities and nonprofits to address community needs in the Town of Rivers and surrounding areas. Areas of focus include health, culture, heritage, education, community service, recreation, youth, seniors, agriculture, environment, and conservation.
Granting criteria include:
- Organizations must demonstrate a strong and committed board, fiscal responsibility, and effective management.
- Projects must benefit primarily the people of the “Community,” as defined as the Town of Rivers and surrounding area.
- Applicants must establish that there is a need for their project.
- Grants are awarded for definite purposes and for projects covering a specific period of time.
- Capital requests must include a maintenance and replacement plan.
- Pilot or demonstration projects must include provision for evaluation and a realistic plan for financial viability beyond the pilot stage.
- Encourage more efficient use of community resources.
- Demonstrate new approaches and techniques in the solution of community problems.
- Promote cooperation and sharing among organizations, eliminating duplication of services.
- Promote volunteer participation.
- Strengthen management capabilities.
GrantWatch ID#: 136517
- Charitable organizations must be registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or be sponsored by a charitable organization.
- Groups or organizations that are sponsored by a charitable organization must have a formal, written agency agreement with that charitable organization, which must abide by CRA requirements and be acceptable in both content and form to the Rivers and Area Community Foundation.
The Rivers and Area Community Foundation will not generally fund:
- Annual fund drives
- Establish or add to endowment funds
- Political activities
- Direct religious activities
- Operating expenses
- Retroactive expenses
Applications are due by September 30, 2017.
Matching or challenge grants may be made in appropriate circumstances to stimulate response from other sources.
Grant Application Information:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to:
Rivers and Area Community Foundation
Rivers, Manitoba R0K 1X0
For questions, email email@example.com.
Town of Rivers and surrounding area