Foundation / Corporation
Junior League of Birmingham (JLB) - Beeson Community Fund
09/01/17 4:00 PM Receipt
Grants starting at $25,000 to Birmingham Area, Alabama nonprofit organizations for projects and programs that benefit women and children. Funding is intended for the health, safety, education, financial stability and wellbeing of women and children, as well as for programs promoting arts and culture, research, volunteerism, advocacy, and the training of women. These grants are intended for organizations serving Jefferson and Shelby counties.
The Beeson Community Fund seeks to maximize its impact by funding organizations and programs that can effectively and efficiently address needs that fit its areas of interest. The Fund encourages the use of the Beeson funds to leverage monies from other sources to have a greater impact on the population served.
Preference is given to requests that:
- Benefit women and/or children in the Birmingham area
- Address a critical community need or opportunity
- Emphasize areas of community concern based on data received from relevant needs assessments like Kids Count Data, Alabama Maternal and Child Health Needs Assessment or the United Way Needs Assessment.
- Build partnerships to address issues and promote systemic change within the community
- Build capacity as opposed to continuing operational expenses.
GrantWatch ID#: 137689
The minimum grant request is $25,000.
Single and multi-year grants will be entertained, but multi-year grants must be fully distributed within three (3) years of grant approval.
The Beeson Community Fund considers grant applications only from nonprofit organizations that have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code. The grant process is open to all 501(c)(3) organizations within Jefferson and Shelby Counties.
No grants are made to or for:
- National fundraising drives
- Deficit funding
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Tickets for benefits
- Political organizations or candidates for public office
- Lobbying activities as prohibited under Section 501(c)(3)
Requests from large organizations with many branches or departments must come through the organization’s President’s office or the Development Office.
Applications are due on or before Friday, September 1, 2017 at 4:00 PM. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your grant application and request for any additional information by Wednesday, September 13, 2017. The Committee will review applications and notifications will be made by January 31, 2018.
Applicants are encouraged to leverage monies from other sources.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send applications to:
Beeson Community Fund Chair
Junior League of Birmingham
2212 Twentieth Avenue South
Birmingham, Alabama 35223
Any questions can be addressed to Lauren Roberts at email@example.com.
USA: Alabama: Birmingham Area - Jefferson and Shelby Counties