Foundation / Corporation
Junior League of Birmingham (JLB) - Beeson Community Fund
10/16/19 4:00 PM Receipt
Grants starting at $25,000 to Birmingham Area, Alabama nonprofit organizations for programs that benefit women and children. Applicants must submit an LOI prior to applying. Funding is intended for the safety, health, education, well being, and financial stability of women and children, as well as for programs that promote arts and culture, research, volunteerism, advocacy, and training of women. These grants are intended for organizations serving Jefferson and Shelby counties.
The Beeson Community Fund seeks to maximize its impact by funding organizations and programs that can effectively and efficiently address needs that fit its areas of interest. The Fund encourages the use of the Beeson funds to leverage monies from other sources to have a greater impact on the population served. Preference is given to requests that:
- Benefit women and/or children in the Birmingham area
- Address a critical community need or opportunity
- Emphasize areas of community concern based on data received from relevant needs assessments like Kids Count Data, Alabama Maternal and Child Health Needs Assessment, or the United Way Needs Assessment.
- Build partnerships to address issues and promote systemic change within the community
- Build capacity as opposed to continuing operational expenses.
GrantWatch ID#: 137689
The minimum grant request is $25,000.
Multi-year grants will be entertained, but must be fully distributed within three (3) years of grant approval.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Elizabeth Burgess, Beeson Community Fund Chair
Junior League of Birmingham
2212 Twentieth Avenue South
Birmingham, Alabama 35223
USA: Alabama: Birmingham Area - Jefferson and Shelby Counties